The United States of America has a high degree of data protection regulation. The fact that your data is stored on servers located in a professionally managed, secure data storage facility in United States of America means that your information is processed in accordance with United States of America data protection principles. If you access the website from a computer located outside United States of America, your accessing the website will be considered as your consent to us transferring your data outside United States of America in order to reach you. If, for any reason, Takeoff Monkey, LLC will need to transfer any data to any other country without adequate level of data protection, Takeoff Monkey, LLC will procure that appropriate contractual obligations apply ensuring that your data is protected.
Which Data We Collect
1. Your privacy is important to Us. Generally, any information collected on this site will not be sold or shared with third parties. Takeoff Monkey, LLC collects no personally identifying information (such as name and email address) through its website except when you specifically and knowingly provide the information (for example, when you request information about our services, sign up for our newsletter, ask to be contacted, or subscribe to services). Any information you provide is used solely for the stated purpose unless you agree in advance to additional use (for example, you may be asked if you would like to be added to an email list). You may request at any time to be removed from our lists. Takeoff Monkey, LLC’s website may use “cookies” to collect information, but basic information about your computer and its connection to the Internet (for example, the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the website, etc.). The generic information is collected by cookies is used only to assist in site management and development for statistical purposes. This website contains links to other websites and Takeoff Monkey, LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites
How Your Data is Collected
2. We collect Data that you provide to us either directly through the website, or third party devices or apps you connect with your account. We also collect information about your interactions within the website as part of our continuous effort to improve the user experience.
How We Protect and Use Your Data
3. When using the website you consent to the collection, transfer, modification, storage, disclosure and other uses of the Data. Irrespective of the country in which you reside or from where you access to the website, the Data may be used by Takeoff Monkey, LLC in United States of America or any other country of operation.
4. You authorize Takeoff Monkey, LLC to de-identify your Data and subsequently to copy, process, use, publicly disclose and distribute the Data in anonymized form for academic and statistical purposes. Such anonymized Data shall no longer be considered as personal data.
5. You authorize Takeoff Monkey, LLC to receive, review and store technical data (including crash reports) retrieved from the devices you are using to access the website.
6. We restrict access to the Data to those Takeoff Monkey, LLC employees or other parties who need access to such Data in order to provide the services. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Data, including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology, and take all other necessary and adequate administrative, organizational, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard the same against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, accidental loss or destruction or damage, theft, disclosure or modification and to ensure its integrity. Please note, however, that Data transported over an open network, such as the Internet or email, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee, and are not responsible for, the confidentiality of any communication or information transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any Data via an open network, you should consider that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, may be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country, data may be transmitted via such networks to other countries regularly and without controls, including countries that do not afford the same level of data protection as United States of America. Your Data and Information may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of the Data and Information during its transfer via Internet.
How Your Data is Shared
8. The concept of the website includes the disclosure of the Data provided by you and accessible via the website to other users or third parties. Please note that all registered users of Takeoff Monkey, LLC are displayed with their name and profile picture. For all other data, you control and decide yourself which Data shall be accessible to others. You can change the privacy settings of your account at any time and thereby determine who will be able to see which Data. Sensitive personal data such as weight or blood pressure, are not accessible to others.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Like many websites, we use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the website, but we do not require cookies for many parts of our services. A cookie is a small data file created by a web server and transferred to and stored on your computer’s persistent memory. The cookies created by the web servers contain data that uniquely identifies you during your use of the website. We use session cookies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and to improve our services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you have the option of using your browser software to stop accepting cookies or to warn you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, if you disable or choose not to accept cookies, some of the functionality of the website may be impaired or you may not have access to areas of the website that require this type of identification. When using mobile applications, Data may be stored and processed temporarily on your mobile device.
We allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Or, we might allow Advertisers to display their ads to users with similar usage patterns to yours, but we will not disclose usage information to Advertisers except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach.
We use Google Analytics on our public website to help us understand things like how long a visitor stays on our websites, what pages they find most useful and how they navigate through our site. Google Analytics is not used after you have logged into website.
Disclosure of Data
9. We reserve the right to disclose Data to the extent we reasonably believe it is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigations of a potential violation thereof, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or to (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Takeoff Monkey, LLC, its users and the public.
10. Please note that Takeoff Monkey, LLC uses encryption software that may be subject to export control regulations.